Shrimp and Chicken Curry
Because in the end will people remember how many blog posts you created, how often to post a blog or will they remember that you were a blogger! Low and slow does it, but when it’s cold who really has time for that right? I have been craving curry for the longest, so when in doubt you make curry. A warm and comforting dish to take the mind off of this randomly cold weather in New York lately.
What I love most about this dish is that you can include just about anything your heart desires in it. If you’re a vegetarian, roasted veggies would be a good addition to this dish. If you’re a meat eater like I am then chicken and shrimp will do the trick, I know it did for me. lol
Shrimp and Chicken Curry Ingredients
Butter – 2 Tablespoons
Onion- 1/2 large – chopped
Black garlic – 2 cloves – chopped or diced
Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
Corn – 1 (can) or 1 lb
Curry Powder – 2 tablespoons
Sweet paprika – 1/2 teaspoon
Veggie stock – 2 cups
Water – 1 cup
Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
Shrimp – 12 oz.
Chicken breasts – 2 breasts
Red & Green peppers – (medium) 1/3 of each chopped
Salt & Pepper – as desired
Cilantro & green onions – optional
Shrimp & Chicken Curry Directions
- In a medium cooking pot add butter, onion, and garlic. Saute until on medium low heat until caramelized.
- Add in curry powder, ginger paste followed by corn and stir ingredients well.
- Once ingredients have sweated, add in coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- In a blender pour in liquid and blend until smooth and hold to the side.
- Slice chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to the medium pot and add in chicken once heated.
- Add in red and green peppers to the mix and sweet paprika.
- Pour blended ingredients followed by veggie stock and water.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper, add it in and cover.
- Taste as you go and add for salt and pepper if needed.
- Add cilantro – totally optional.